The reasons a person becomes an addict are also varied. Someone might have significant underlying issues that prohibit him or her from dealing with daily life, while another person may have experienced a serious trauma that left him or her with anxiety or depression. Each person’s addiction is unique, and each person’s road to recovery is also unique.
Options for Addiction Counseling
There are many options for addiction counseling including the following:
- Inpatient rehab – in which you reside in a treatment facility for medically-supervised detox, counseling and life-skills training, and from which you receive aftercare support.
- Outpatient rehab – in which you can attend counseling sessions while still living at home, going to work or school or taking care of children.
- Support groups – some are provided online while others are right in your community. You can attend meetings to assist you on your path of recovery.
Another option that you could consider is telephone addiction counseling.
About Telephone Addiction Counseling
Advantages of Telephone Counseling
There are several benefits of using telephone counseling including the following:
- Instead of waiting several weeks to get into an onsite counselors office, you can be speaking with a professional addiction counselor within minutes.
- The convenience of not having to travel to a counselor’s office because you can have your counseling sessions right from your home.
- Some people are hesitant to get counseling because of privacy and confidentiality. They fear they may encounter someone they know going into or out of the counselor’s office. With telephone counseling, you are having your session in the privacy of your own home.
- You don’t have to be local to have your counseling session. If you are traveling for work or pleasure, you can simply call in from your location and have your session.
- You can save money by not having to take sick time or vacation time from work to have your sessions, and you do not have to pay babysitters to take care of your children while you are in session.
- Should you desire a face with the voice, many telephone counselors use video calls through their computers to accommodate your needs.
Help Finding Telephone Addiction Counseling
Foundations Recovery Network doesn’t currently offer telephone addiction counseling, but we can help connect you with a variety of exceptional treatment options based on your individual needs. If you would like to speak with one of our professionals to explore your options, please call us at 844-768-1248.
Further Reading About Does Telephone Addiction Counseling Work?
Paul Lendner ist ein praktizierender Experte im Bereich Gesundheit, Medizin und Fitness. Er schreibt bereits seit über 5 Jahren für das Managed Care Mag. Mit seinen Artikeln, die einen einzigartigen Expertenstatus nachweißen, liefert er unseren Lesern nicht nur Mehrwert, sondern auch Hilfestellung bei ihren Problemen.