Treatment services for drug abuse and addiction can get expensive, even if the patient opts for outpatient care. The good news is that this cost is extremely modifiable, determined based on the combination of services chosen and whether or not health insurance will cover all or part of the cost. What treatment services will best help your loved one overcome drug or alcohol abuse or addiction?
Outpatient Treatment Costs
- Type of treatment. There are intensive outpatient treatment programs, standard outpatient treatment programs, and then services provided on an outpatient basis. The more intensive the program (e.g., the more services included in the program), the more expensive the final cost will usually be. However, if the patient chooses to pick and choose a few different types of therapy, and those therapies are expensive to administer, then the bills can quickly pile up as well.
- How many services are included. Different outpatient treatment programs will require patients to attend a different number of therapies for a varied number of sessions. Depending upon these specifics, the cost will surely change. Additionally, while some therapy costs will be determined based on number of sessions; others will be determined by the specific therapist who may charge more or less depending upon location, number of sessions, number of patients, and other factors.
- The duration of treatment. Some price their programs per week or per month while others design their program to last up to a year or more and price it accordingly. Thus, a three-month program will likely be less expensive than a six-month program, depending upon the other details.
- Health insurance coverage. The cost to the patient out of pocket will be based on how much the insurance provider will pay for each therapy session. Some providers will cover the entire cost while others require the patient to pay a co-pay or deductible before offering any coverage at all. Still others have a cap per family or per patient on certain types of services in a given time period. Patients are encouraged to seek preauthorization for outpatient treatment services, which we can help you with, in order to determine how much of the bill they will need to cover themselves.
Types of Outpatient Treatment
In general, the more intense the treatment, the more expensive it will be. Patients can choose from:
Single treatment services. One or two therapies are chosen that are unconnected to each other. The therapists will likely not work together to make sure that the coping skills or work done across therapies are cohesive, but this is likely the least expensive option.
- Standard outpatient treatment program. A combination of treatment services are made available to patients, usually just on the weekends or in the evenings, allowing them to maintain their regular work or school schedules. The providers of each therapy work together with the case manager assigned to each patient in order to ensure that each person’s treatment goals are being met.
- Intensive outpatient treatment program. These programs often require patients be in attendance at the program for up to 20 hours a week or more. Therapeutic interventions take place during the day and patients must prioritize them above other commitments as well as submit to random drug tests to ensure that they are remaining committed to their sobriety.
Paying for Outpatient Treatment Services
With the aid of health insurance, outpatient treatment services are exceedingly affordable. Learn more about the types of treatment services available to your addicted loved one today. Call the phone number listed above.
Further Reading About Costs of Outpatient Treatment
Paul Lendner ist ein praktizierender Experte im Bereich Gesundheit, Medizin und Fitness. Er schreibt bereits seit über 5 Jahren für das Managed Care Mag. Mit seinen Artikeln, die einen einzigartigen Expertenstatus nachweißen, liefert er unseren Lesern nicht nur Mehrwert, sondern auch Hilfestellung bei ihren Problemen.